1. Your happiness is yours. No one can give it to you and no one can take it away. Make your happiness. Every day!
2. You either accept another person’s faults and baggage or you don’t. You can’t change them into who you want them to be. You can’t make them want what you want nor can you make them feel how you want them to. Understanding this takes an enormous amount of stress off of relationships.
3. Find something and be passionate about it.
4. Form great relationships. It’s about connecting with people.
5. Do what you love. Love what you do. Anything else is a waste.
6. Don’t judge another person’s choices. You have no idea what their life is like. Be compassionate and kind.
7. Don’t think that being strong means you can’t be vulnerable. To be strong and soft is a rare combination.
8. People are going to hurt you…sometimes so bad you don’t think you can breathe. You can. And you’ll be ok.
9. Never close your heart off to protect it from pain.
10. Surround yourself with people who make you happy and better.
11. Give a lot…but not so much that you have nothing left of yourself.
12. Relationships aren’t easy but should create more joy than pain. The point at which you are crying more than laughing is the time to say goodbye. Being in no relationship is better than being in a bad one.
13. You can not wholly love someone until you love yourself. Work on that.
14. Have hobbies. Be interesting. Do things that make you uncomfortable.
15. Forgive. Don’t hold grudges…it’s like drinking rat poison and waiting for the rat to die.
16. Own a dog. Many dogs. Never have a life without a dog.
17. If you are happy and having fun and aren’t hurting anyone, carry on. What other people think about your life doesn’t matter.
18. Never apologize for who you are or how you feel. Always and unreservedly apologize for hurting someone, either intentionally or unintentionally.
19. Love…people…animals…nature. Love those who have more than you and those who have less. Love others. Love yourself. Love life!!